Palak Paratha

I hate to admit that I'm not very fond of spinach, but knowing its health benefits I always try and incorporate it in different ways in our diet. I just chop a few leaves and add it to any gravy.
This is the first time I made Spinach parathas.
I was looking for a recipe to send to the 'Easy Breezy Breakfast Event' and found this recipe at
Laavanya's Cookery Corner. I just made a few changes. The parathas were soft, looked and tasted great and of course healthy.

2cups whole wheat flour
3cups baby spinach
3-4green chillies
1tsp coriander powder
1tsp cumin powder
salt to taste
water as required
Little ghee/butter

Wash the spinach and drain excess water. Put it in a microwave safe bowl and micro on high for 1min to blanch the leaves.
Grind the spinach and green chillies to a paste. Mix all the ingredients to make a soft dough. Keep in an air-tight container or cover with a damp cloth and keep aside for some time.
Make balls out of the dough and roll into thin chappatis. Smear a little ghee on top. 
Fold and roll again into thick parathas.
Heat a griddle and roast the parathas, smearing a little ghee on each side till light brown and puffed.
Serve hot with pickles and curd.

Sending this to "Easy Breezy Breakfast" event by EC.


  1. your pics are not so bad poornima, really! and dont worry about limited tableware. there are ways around :)

  2. Hi Purnima, first time to your blog, you have wonderful collection of recipes, the palak rotis look perfect...I too made a similar version of rotis, I did not add green chilies when I made them, will try out version soon :)

  3. hi poornima,first time here..saw lots of nice recipes...this palak paratha looks yummy..

  4. Healthy dish..thanks for participating

  5. hi there.. my first time here -you have a lovely blog and you're a palak lover like me. Ilove the parathas, they look really delicious :)

  6. Nice green color,not to mention its the most nutritious paratha:)

  7. Am so glad you tried & liked this.. I love this for the fact that one can add a lot of spinach and not really taste it so much :)


Thank you for visiting Tasty Treats...
Do leave your comments and feedback. I would love to hear from you...